NEFFA Performer Application 2022
Information about the Festival is available at https://neffa.org/
Greetings, NEFFA community!
We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for NEFFA 2022, our 78th year! The Festival will be held April 22-24, 2022. Application deadline is October 17, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
As of September, the Board is continuing to plan for an in-person Festival. The Board is committed to a safe Festival and is actively discussing policy for vaccination, testing, masks, social distancing, and other safety protocols.
We expect to make a decision no later than January 1, 2022 on whether to hold the Festival in person. If the in-person festival is cancelled, we will pivot to holding an online Festival. Applications include a question on whether performers are applying for in-person, online, or both. Either way, we encourage you to apply now, so that we can put together the best program as soon as possible after January 1.
When making your decision to apply for in-person, applicants should assume that vaccination and safety measures will be in place. NEFFA has no plans to attempt a hybrid Festival, so if the Festival goes forward in person, online-only applicants would not be on the program, and vice versa.
If held in person, the Festival will be held at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, 181 Royal Plaza Dr West, Marlborough, MA 01752. For more information about our new venue, please see https://www.neffa.org/neffa-2022-festival-site/.
On behalf of the Program Committee and the NEFFA Board, we extend our heartfelt thanks for your support for this wonderful folk tradition that is the Festival. Let the application process begin!
NEFFA Program Chair
|Type||Applications accepted until|
|General||October 17, 2021|
|Ritual/Morris dance||January 15, 2022|
|Indoor dance performance||Sadly, not this year|
- Submit one Event Application Form for EACH event you wish to propose.
- Submit applications only for yourself or for groups where you are the designated leader. Do not submit an application for other performers or groups.
- Please submit no more than 5 applications PER individual or group. NEFFA will consider the first five applications in timestamped order only.
- Please construct your sentences and spell your words carefully -- this information goes directly from your application to the Schedule Grid and Program Book.
- Do not use all capital letters or all small letters, and avoid the use of abbreviations.
- You will receive an email with a link to a copy of your submission.
We will send you instructions on how to enter and/or update your contact data and group information within several days of receiving your application.
Several questions ask for names of performers or groups. It's important to make sure these entries match the NEFFA Performer Index for existing performers. When you type a name in these fields, the system will pop up a box of possible matches, if any are found. If you can't find someone who you think should be in the master database, it may help if you visit this page and hunt around: NEFFA Performer Index